Hello! For today's Blomas post, I decided to do a TAG that goes around a lot during the holiday season called the Holly Jolly Holiday TAG. It's about 15 questions just about everything holiday-ish, so let's get started!
1. Do you start your Christmas shopping on Black Friday or wait until the last minute?
So for the first time EVER I went out on Black Friday this year at midnight and it was pretty insane, but I actually did get some holiday shopping done. I typically get all my shopping done about 3 days before Christmas so I'm not sure if that's considered last minute...
2. If you could be in any Christmas movie what would it be?
I'm not sure, maybe the Santa Clause 3 because I'd love to be all dressed up as an elf, but I also think Christmas Vacation would be fun to be in to because it's such a crazy movie!
3. Which do you like better: Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
That's a really difficult question... maybe Christmas Eve because my family has a really nice dinner and I get to exchange gifts with some of my friends. Christmas Day is fun but also makes me kind of sad because the holiday season is over :(
4. When does your family put up your Christmas tree and who decorates it?
We put it up the day after Thanksgiving and it's kind of a joint effort, my dad puts up the actual tree (we have a fake one), my mom strings all the lights, and I put on the ornaments.
5. White lights or colored lights?
COLORED!!! White lights are very pretty but I think I will always be a colored lights girl :)
6. Are you guilty of peeking at your presents or do you like the surprise?
I have actually never been the kind to peek at my gifts... well ONE year, that's it! I spied something under my parents furniture one night and I couldn't resist. I was like 8 years old, so I felt so guilty and ended up telling my parents about it the next day. Luckily it was only one gift.
7. Would you rather live in a gingerbread house or in Santa's Workshop?
No contest, Santa's Workshop.
8. Tell us your Christmas Eve traditions!
The only real Christmas Eve traditions our family has, is to have a couple families over so we can all exchange gifts. Once everybody leaves, we watch all our favorite holiday specials in our pajamas including How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Rudolph, and Shrek the Halls (my dad's favorite!)
9. If you could be under the mistletoe with anyone who would it be?
Well, if we are talking fantasies here... Scotty McCreery or Taylor Lautner :)
10. What tops your tree?
An angel my parents received as a wedding gift. 16 Christmases later and she still works!
11. Can you name the 12 days of Christmas?
Hmm... I think.
1st- Partridge in a Pear Tree
2nd- Two Turtle Doves
3rd- Three French Hens
4th- Four Calling Birds
5th- Five Golden Rings
6th- Six Maids a Milking
7th- Seven Swans a Swimming
8th- Eight... shoot
12. Have you ever gone Christmas caroling?
No, my family isn't that cool...
13. Do you countdown to Christmas? If so, how many days are left?
Yes! And 19 days!!!
14. What are some foods and treats you can count on having every holiday season?
My dad's roast ham and knockoff Thin Mints (which are the best by the way!!)
15. How has Christmas kept its magic for you as you've grown older?
Honestly, Christmas will always have a special place in my heart. I have so many memories and traditions that make it so special so just staying in the holiday just makes it so magical.
So that's it for the TAG! Leave me a comment if you have any requests for Blogmas! Love you guys!!